For Favorite Five Friday (FFF), we have Sarah Varland.
Thanks so much for being here! It’s always fun to learn something new about some of my favorite authors and I know my readers enjoy it, too. So thanks for stopping by to answer these five questions and to give away a book!
Back cover blurb:
A DANGEROUS HOMECOMING
When her big-city dreams come crashing down, Gemma Phillips returns to her small hometown—and finds herself the target of a violent stalker. And her attacker may be linked to the robbery she witnessed years ago…a case reopened after the police discovered a body, supporting her claims of overhearing a murder. Now there’s only one man who can save her: lawman Matt O’Dell. For Matt, solving this decades-old mystery will finally allow him to distance himself from his father’s criminal past. But Matt’s drive to close the case soon turns personal. He needs to guard his reputation…but first, he must protect the woman he’s just discovered he loves.
LE: Sounds like an amazing story, doesn’t it?? Now let’s learn a little bit about Sarah!
- What’s your favorite television show? As much as I do love suspenseful shows like NCIS, my favorite show is Gilmore Girls. I love the witty dialogue, the relationships between the characters, the fun references, great one-liners that are useful in everyday conversations (“Oy with the poodles already!”), and the community of fellow Gilmore Girls lovers that I have discovered online (many are probably writers and authors you’ve heard of!), who I can debate important things with. Like, who should Rory have ended up with?? =)
- What’s your favorite food? Smoked salmon, chicken parmesean (only if my husband makes it) and spaghetti. It’s a three way tie, can I have one of those?
- What’s your favorite place to write? I love to sit on the floor of my living room, with my back against the couch, using the coffee table as a desk, so that I have a full view of the mountains outside my back door. That’s my favorite place to write most of the time, although on occasion the coffee shop near my house, also with a view of the mountains, is a favorite.
- What’s your favorite vacation spot? Right here!! I’m so very happy to finally live in Alaska again, and I can honestly say it’s my favorite place to live and I especially love camping, either with a view of the ocean or the mountains—or preferably both.
- What’s another favorite you’d like us to know? I feel like you should know that my favorite pens are the cheap Bic pens that you can get in a pack of ten at Target for just over a dollar—either black or blue is fine. I used to love the purple Papermate pens (also a dollar for a pack) but I haven’t seen them in forever! If you see them, send them to me! Haha.
Sarah Varland lives with her husband and two sons in Alaska, with a view of the mountains that astounds her every day. She loves reading, writing, hiking, kayaking, and baking. Her first book, Treasure Point Secrets, released in 2014 and is set in coastal Georgia. Her second book, Tundra Threat, also released in 2014 and is set in Alaska. Her next few books will return to the coastal town of Treasure Point, Georgia, and the next releases in June 2016.
LE here: Sarah, thanks so much for stopping by! It was a lot of fun to learn more about you and thanks for being willing to give away a copy of your book. I’m looking forward to reading it as well. One day I hope to see Alaska!
Readers, leave a message to be entered into the drawing. What’s your favorite food??